We are always OPEN for submissions.
What We're Looking For:
Presently, we are actively looking for quality manuscripts in the genres of urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and steampunk. We are open to all romance, mystery, horror, science-fiction, and fantasy genres for teen and adult audiences.
Work of a strong erotic nature should be sent to our erotic romance imprint Phaze Books at to firstname.lastname@example.org
We release each book in print, ebook, and audio formats, and we will ask that these rights be available when we contract your book.
At a minimum, books must be approximately 30K words in length. We strongly prefer books around 60K-80K words, however longer works are also considered. Anything under 50K words can only be released in ebook and audio formats. We no longer accept short stories.
Simultaneous submissions are acceptable; however please inform us immediately if your work is contracted elsewhere. Multiple submissions from a single author are also acceptable, though we ask that one novel is sent per email.
We only accept complete manuscripts in DOC or RTF electronic format. We do not accept queries or partial manuscripts submissions.
Previously Published Work:
If your work has been previously published or self-published, please indicate this in your submission, along with details of the publication. Please tell us the name of the publisher, when it was published, and have proof of your reversion of rights. The manuscript must not still be in print anywhere or we cannot consider it. Be upfront--don't send in a manuscript and withhold prior publication information. All works must be free of prior contracts and immediately available for consideration.
Under no circumstances are we interested in fan fiction--meaning work that is based on the characters and/or a world under copyright and not in the public domain. This includes other books, TV shows, movies, radio programs, etc.
At the top of your email cover letter, please include the following information:
- Your real name
- Your pen name (if applicable--not required right away, or at all)
- Your manuscript title
- Genre and sub-genres (this is very important!)
- Approximate number of words (can use MS Word or other word processing's count)
- Your snail mail address, phone number, and good, RELIABLE email address
Keep cover letters simple. It's not necessary to give us your life story. If you have some previous publishing credits, some ideas on how you'd help promote your work, or anything else that is relevant, feel free to make mention of it. Brief is best.
In the body of your email, please include the short book blurb/jacket copy (one to three paragraphs about your novel designed to entice readers) and a full synopsis (a one to two page summary of your novel, written in present tense, and you must include the ending).
Attach your full manuscript to the email. Manuscript must be in RTF, DOC, or DOCX formats. No other formats can be accepted.
Submissions must be sent to email@example.com. Please make your subject line Submission: Title of Your Book.
Manuscript Formatting Guidelines:
- Use a common font (i.e., Times New Roman) 12 point.
- Single space your manuscript with 1" margins.
- No tabs!
- Make the first page a cover page and include your name, manuscript title, word count, and genre(s).
- Use italics for italicized text. No bold or underlined text.
- Scene breaks should be indicated by four asterisks **** on a single centered line, with a blank line above and below.
- Please name the manuscript file LastNameFirstName_TitleofBook.rtf. This assists our editors with tracking your manuscript through the review process.
- Most of our market is American. Please Americanize your spelling, formatting, and style.
Please name your manuscript file LastNameFirstName_TitleOfBook. This assists our editors with tracking your manuscript through the review process.
Approximate waiting time is currently 90 -- 120 days, although we aim for less. You are invited to send an inquiry about your submission status after that time. Please use the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscript Check List
Here are some things to consider before you submit: